Welcome to Clearwater Academy International Athletics

Friday, March 5, 2010

Paul Zombory, a Success Story


Paul Zombory enrolled at Clearwater Academy in 1998. Paul was in second grade then and one of the first students to start at CAI when the doors opened at the new Feldman Campus on Drew St. Prior to CAI Paul attended two of the schools that merged to form CAI.

Now Paul is preparing to graduate 12th grade and begin his next journey. We thought you would like to know more about him, his experiences at CAI and his future plans.

Enews: What has your experience at CAI done for you as a student and as a person?

Paul: The school has been such a big part of my life for so long. I am a good student who is interested in learning; I owe a lot to the school for instilling in me this desire to learn.

Enews: How do you think your education at CAI compares with the education of students from other schools?

Paul: I recently took a college literature course at St. Petersburg College and I did extremely well. I was well ahead of everyone in the class and was actually helping others because frankly, without Study Technology, they didn't know what they were doing. I know my basics so well from completing the Small Common Words and New Grammar checksheets while at CAI. Having the ability to apply Study Technology made the course easy for me.

Enews: What have you specifically gained by being educated by CAI?

Paul: I have gained integrity when it comes to learning. I love our checksheets at CAI because you really drill the subjects to full understanding. If I don't fully understand something, I make sure that I fully understand it, and know how to apply it, before I go on. Also, I scored in the 97% on my SAT's, which means only 3% of the students taking the test scored higher than me in the nation. I am very happy with the academic standard of my education at Clearwater Academy and have gained from this accordingly.

Enews: What are your plans after graduation?

Paul: I have been accepted into three very good colleges; Tulane University in New Orleans, Florida State University and New College (an Honors College) in Sarasota. I have several other applications out and should be hearing from Boston University and the University of Florida soon. It is a hard decision to make because all of the schools are so different and have such unique qualities. Due to my great education and opportunities at CAI I am in the driver's seat and can choose where I want to go to.

I would like to major in creative writing and with my education there are so many different fields I can go into. I am looking forward to exploring all of my possibilities. I truly feel that I have an incredible foundation to be successful in life because of CAI!

No comments:

Post a Comment