Welcome to Clearwater Academy International Athletics

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

CAI Graduate Success Story



Thomas arrived at Clearwater Academy International in 2002. He was eight years old and spoke only a few words and phrases in English. He now has graduated CAI and is embarking on his next journey in life and here is his story.

CAI: What was it like for you when you came to CAI only able to speak a little English?
Thomas: It is not so easy coming from a different country. Everything from the food you eat to how people dress is so different. It is especially hard when you can't understanding anything said. I was really fortunate to come to CAI where there is an incredible English as a Second Language program. I quickly learned how to speak and read English.
Also, the school has so many activities to be a part of that even when I started school and my English was poor, I was able to be a part of the group. I played sports and did artwork, in addition to my school work. This made my life so much happier while I was learning English.
In addition, there are so many staff members and students that are bilingual at the school which made it so nice to always have someone I could talk to.
CAI: What are your plans after graduation?
Thomas: First, I am going to Haiti to help with the orphanage that the school collected food and items for. This will be my second trip down and I am looking forward to it. I am proud to be able to contribute to improving the lives of the over 115 young children in this orphanage.
After that I am attending the Hubbard College of Administation in the fall. I am very excited to learn the principles of management so that I can help my parents in their business.

For more information about Clearwater Academy click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment