Welcome to Clearwater Academy International Athletics

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Graduating Clearwater Academy International


"I was going to a local high school which was supposed to be the best high school in the area. That may be the case, but I found that not to be true for me. First of all so many kids were into drugs and drinking. It was so common and kids even did drugs on campus. I had a really hard time making friends because of the extreme out ethics of the majority of the student population.

Also, there is no use of Study Technology*. Even though I knew the Study Technology I was made fun of for looking up my words. That was hard to deal with and because the teachers don't define words, I accumulated so many misunderstood words and found myself falling asleep in my classes. It was so hard. I was shy, introverted and completely miserable.

When I came to Clearwater Academy I was really worried I was going to be so far behind and have to go back so far and redo everything. But when I looked at the environment of the school I had been in, I knew that I had to make a change. The funny thing is that although I did have to go back, it did not take me long at all to catch up!

I really had forgotten the basics - you do that in public school. With the use of Study Technology I now have my basics in and can recall everything I have learned. Clearing up my misunderstood words and drilling key principles has enabled me to really know and understand what I am learning. There is so much confidence that I have obtained with this. I am no longer shy and no longer introverted.

The environment at CAI is very happy. Making friends is so easy. The students here are not judgmental. All of these things contribute greatly to the perfect space to be educated in. I am so happy I can now look back and say I love my school and I love my education."
- Darryn Rakestraw - Graduating Senior Class of 2010

*For more information about Study Technology click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment